Your gutters play a big role in protecting your home from water damage. When it’s time to replace your gutters, you can choose from several materials, with the most common being vinyl, steel and aluminum. In today’s post, we discuss the wide-ranging benefits of aluminum gutters and what makes them the superior choice.
1. Durability: Aluminum gutters are extremely durable. While steel is also very strong, aluminum is better at withstanding bad weather.
2. Rust-Proof: One of the biggest advantages of aluminum is that it’s rust-proof. This is due to the fact that most aluminum gutter systems are coated with polyester power that protects them from chemical change or corrosion. Gutters will last longer when rust isn’t a concern.
3. Impact Resistance: Aluminum gutters are known for their great impact resistance and flexibility. Unlike PVC, another material used for gutters, aluminum won’t succumb to wear and tear brought about by direct sunlight. In addition, aluminum can withstand physical damage from fallen trees or branches.
4. Low Maintenance: Aluminum gutter systems only need minimal maintenance. To ensure optimal performance, it’s recommended to clean your gutters every six months. You can also reduce cleaning needs by installing seamless gutters and a gutter protection system.
5. Eco-Friendly: Lastly, aluminum gutters are the most eco-friendly option because they’re made from recycled materials.
The Thomas Roofing Company, Inc. is a premier source of roofing services such as aluminum gutter repair and installation. If you’re interested in upgrading your home, you can call our team at (410) 876-3602. You may also fill out our contact form to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Our service areas include Columbia, Towson and Westminster, MD.