After a storm hits your area, there are several steps you have to take to ensure that your home receives the repairs it needs and that you are compensated for the damage. First, you need to make sure your family is safe. Once that’s done and the weather is clear, you can head outside and begin documenting the damage. Read on as we break down the key steps you’ll need to take through this process.
1. Property Inspection: First, contact a local contractor to conduct a thorough inspection. The roofer will evaluate the cost of damage to your home and report an initial estimate for needed repairs.
2. File Your Claim: After you’ve received a sound estimate, the next step is to file a claim with your insurance provider. You can also ask them to contact your roofing contractor so they can directly communicate regarding your losses, saving you time and effort in the process.
3. Meet With Adjuster: Once your insurance claim has been successfully filed, the insurance company will send an adjuster to do their own inspection. This can be done with the guidance of your trusted roof and gutter installation contractor. Next, the adjuster will inform you about the extent of damage to your home and start the process for financial settlement.
4. Rebuilding: This step includes choosing materials to rebuild or replace the damaged portions of your home. If the insurance company approves, your roofing contractor will then deliver the materials to your home and send a team of construction professionals to restore your home.
5. Final Inspection: Once the restoration project has been completed, you should conduct a walkthrough of the job site. This allows you to scrutinize the repairs, along with inspectors from the construction company, and make sure that there are no lingering issues.
If you need superior quality restoration services for your home, don’t hesitate to contact The Thomas Roofing Company, Inc. We’re also a premier provider of siding, gutters and skylights. Give us a call at (410) 876-3602 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Our service areas include Columbia and Ellicott City, MD.